Thursday, July 26, 2018

City of Eugene Mayor's Art Show

Eugene Oregon Mayor's Art Show 2018, 2018 Mayor's Art Show Eugene Oregon, 2018 Downtown Visual Arts Festival Eugene Oregon, Two Women No. 2 collage by June Anderson, June Anderson Mayor's Art Show 2018, Two Women No. 2 Mayor's Art Show Eugene Oregon 2018, June Anderson of Under The Plum Blossom Tree selected for Mayor's Art Show 2018, City of Eugene Oregon Mayor's Art Show, Mayor's Art Show Hult Center for the Performing Arts

Friends, I have some exciting news. A collage of mine entitled Two Women, No. 2 (shown above) has been accepted into the City of Eugene Mayor's Art Show!

This is my first juried show and I couldn't be more excited. For years I have been entering my artwork into the non-juried shows at the New Zone Gallery. It is the only gallery in town where anyone could pay the entry fee and participate in a gallery show. That has been an invaluable experience for me because it motivated me to keep practicing the art of collage and taught me how to navigate the process of entering artwork into an exhibition.

The Mayor's Art Show runs from July 27th through August 25th and the opening for the show is Friday, July 27th at 5:30 p.m. Located in the Maurie Jacobs Community Room at the Hult Center for the Performing Arts, the Mayor's Art Show is also part of a week long Downtown Visual Arts Festival which celebrates street art, contemporary art and gallery art.

Thank you for reading and maybe I'll see you there!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Under The Plum Blossom Tree | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig