Monday, March 31, 2014

Spring Art Show

Every spring The New Zone Artists Collective http://www.newzonegallery.org/ hosts a non-juried show which is then featured in the First Friday Artwalk. This season I've chosen to submit this collage I recently made:

collage, cadmium yellow hue, burnt sienna, papiers coupes, paper cutouts, mosquito
Regarding Insectivorus Botanikos
Some of my all time favorite artists, like Hannah Hoch, Henri Matisse, and Pablo Picasso all utilized 'papiers coupes', or paper cutouts in their works, and I am fascinated when pouring over books featuring their works.  My own journey through the world of memory keeping led me to this fascination with collage; an old magazine, a pair of scissors...
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Under The Plum Blossom Tree | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig